The Republican Party has a secret weapon for 2020.
The Republican Party has a secret weapon for 2020. It’s especially effective because it’s stealthy: The Democrats seem oblivious to its power. And the GOP needn’t lift a finger for it to work. All Republicans have to do is sit back and watch 29-year-old Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez . . . exist.
The Republican has a secret weapon for 2020 but will they use it? Ocasio-TacoRosado is the gift that keeps on giving. The Ocasio gift is enormous and will propel the GOP back to power if only they recognize what must be obvious to most conservatives.
But we have to remember, painful as it is, that the GOP is still the stupid party. So stupid that many of its stalwart members don’t appreciate the gift Donald Trump has given them. I hear there is even a plot of NeverTrumpers planning ways to sabotage Trump in 2020. Stupid yes, but it might well go beyond stupid to insane. Right now, as Strassel says, they don’t know whether to applaud or laugh. If they don’t figure this out they will miss a golden opportunity. The GOP usually doesn’t miss and opportunity to miss an opportunity. But this time? How could they? They don’t even has to be smart, thankfully because they aren’t. They just have to let this ill-educated young woman make a fool of herself.
The hard part will be that there a lot of others just like her. A College education these days often results in 20-somethings coming out of university dumber than when they matriculated. They tell pollsters they favor socialism over capitalism. They likely fall for Elizabeth Warren’s claim that capitalism is theft.
Actually, as between capitalism and socialism, it’s the latter that looks more like theft because, unlike capitalism, socialism is a zero sum game. The leaders become rich truly at the expense of the great majority that are dirt poor within a few years. Capitalist harmony is replaced by socialist acrimony and antagonism. But Ocasio and her tribe know nothing of this. They have not experienced it and seem to be incapable of learning from those who have.
Kimberley Strassel again on Ocasio: As a representative of New York, she’s making California look sensible. The Green New Deal encapsulates everything Americans fear from government, all in one bonkers resolution.
To think that just a few months ago she was a bartender in New York.
The Republican Party has a secret weapon for 2020. If the GOP drops this ball they’ll forfeit the greatest opportunity ever to present itself. Trump won’t miss a lick. All the GOP need do is follow his lead. He’ll show them how to do it. But that’s anathema to those who still hate him.
Strassel calls Ocasional-TacoRosado “a freight train that is gaining speed every day.” And helping Republicans, she says. But of course, that’s only if they wake up in time.
Here are a few of the main points of the bonkers proposal AOC and her minions have offered and that the GOP should be smiling over:
- Produce 100% of U.S. electricity “through clean, renewable, and zero-emission energy sources” by 2030. Nuclear Power Plants could do most but not all of that but no, don’t go there.
- Get rid of combustion engines, eliminate cars and airplanes. No more air travel.
- Build charging stations everywhere [battery powered automobiles won’t run very far in cold weather]
- Upgrade or replace every building in U.S. That will take doing a complete renovation of 30,000 buildings a day for 30 years.
- Do the same with all “infrastructure,” and crisscross the nation with “high-speed rail.” No more air travel. A Train to Europe? Australia?
- Government control of the most fundamental aspects of private life, Taco-Rosado to be the Fidel Castro of America, with mandatory attendance to speeches that last for hours and hours.
- Get rid of farting cows and airplanes fast (what about the 380 million Americans that will go on farting every day. That’s methane too isn’t it? And it’s worse than cow farts because go into the ground pretty fast. In America most bathrooms used by humans have ceiling fans that blast the methane straight up into the atmosphere)
How do they pay for all this? Oh, don’t be such a stick in the mud, they might say. If we need money we’ll just print it. Yeah, lots of it with 40 million people put out of work in their brave new world.
UPDATE: Seems to me that Taco-Rosado should be willing to do even more. How about mandating universal happiness, abolishing loneliness, oh this one is real big — immortality. I mean, in such a brave new world full of wonder why should anyone have to ever die? Doesn’t seem fair to leave that out, as long as we’re flying to the moon anyway. Let’s see, did I forget anything? Oh, yeah, free beer! I mean how did I forget that?