There is ample evidence, which I will show, that everything Trump touches is upgraded and made better.
There’s a howling pack of political wolves that disagrees. According to Bolshevik Republican Rick Wilson everything Trump touches dies. That’s the catchy name of a book by him in which he characterizes President Donald Trump (PDT) as a human death ray. Unfortunately for Wilson the facts are otherwise. Well, unfortunately for Wilson’s credibility, but not for his book royalties. There’s an audience for books of the sort Wilson writes.
Every president, every politician has enemies who long for confirmation of their beliefs about the objects of their derision. PDT certainly has his share, not only among Democrats but also members of his own party. We call them NeverTrumpers because they claim they will never support him, no matter what. I suppose he could appoint them all to the highest and most coveted posts in government and many would still hate him, others would still think him unfit to be president. He could fulfill his goal of making America Great Again and they would still hold him in contempt.
Some names would be Bill Kristol, George Will, Jonah Goldberg, Max Boot, Jennifer Rubin, Senators Ben Sasse, Mike Lee, Susan Collins, Jeff Flake, Cory Gardner, Bob Corker, and Lisa Murkowski; Others are Jeb Bush, John Kasich, and Mia Love. A hoard of GOP members of the House are/were NeverTrumpers and many of them were hurt by their stance on Trump which cost them their re-election in the midterms.
The NeverTrumpers do not represent the GOP base in the slightest. That’s why many of them lost their recent re-election efforts. Others are derided by the rest of the GOP. The Hill had a good article back in July on Trump’s detractor politicians, comparing them to 2-year old children throwing tantrums. The NeverTrumpers are shocked that no one is listening to them. The only places they’er getting any respect are all the wrong places for a conservative member of the GOP, i.e., CNN, MSNBC, CBS, ABC, The New York Times, and The Washington Post. Oh, and in Rick Wilson’s book, of course.
Trump’s accomplishments have given him an 87% approval rating among Republican voters. The NeverTrumpers are not impressed. I guess that’s why the Hill compares them to 2-year olds throwing tantrums. They really are sore losers and lousy team players. Trump has made achievements in things they always said they wanted. But like jealous children they don’t want those things if Trump would get any credit for it. So they’er stamping their feet, figuratively at least.
Here a list of the many things that I offer as proof against Rick Wilson’s theme. Instead of dying, everything Trump touches is upgraded and made better. This list is of only 40 accomplishments from his inauguration through August of 2017. I’ve included a link at the end of this list to all of the 289 of his accomplishments in his first 20 months as President:
1) He got conservative judge Neil Gorsuch on the Supreme Court.
2) The stock market is at an all-time high.
3) Consumer confidence is at an all-time high.
4) He created more than a million jobs by undoing Obama’s regulations.
5) Mortgage applications for new homes is at a 7 year high.
6) Unemployment rate is at a 16 year low.
7) Signed the promoting women in entrepreneurship act.
8) Gutted 800 Obama era regulations thus freeing up companies to hire again and get the economy moving once again.
9) Ended the war on coal and caused a new mine for coal mining to open that will mine clean coal. He also put the miners back to work.
10) Weakened Dodd-Frank regulations.
11) Promotes buying and hiring American.
12) Investments from major businesses such as Foxconn, Ford ,Toyota, Intel amd others will build here now.
13) Reduced illegal immigration by over 70%.
14) Bids for the border wall are underway.
15) He’s fighting back against sanctuary cities.
16) Changed the rules of engagement against ISIS.
17) Drafted a plan to defeat ISIS.
18) Worked to reduce the cost of the F-35 fighter jets.
19) Imposed a five year lobbying plan.
20) Sanctioned Iran over its’ missile program.
21) Responded to Syria’s use of chemical weapons.
22) Reduced tax reform plan.
23) He’s renegotiating NAFTA.
24) He withdrew from the Trans Pacific Partnership thus keeping jobs here.
25) He pulled us out of the Paris Climate Accords thus saving us millions of dollars every year.
26) Created a task force to reduce crime.
27) The DOJ is targeting dangerous gangs like MS-13.
28) Signed independence and economic growth law.
29) Signed an executive order to protect police officers and target drug cartels.
30) Signed an executive order for religious freedom.
31) His administration is working on sending education back to the states.
32) He’s fixing the dept. of Veterans affairs so now vets can choose their own doctors and be covered. This also protects whistle blowers and allows VA to terminate bad employees..
33) Authorized construction of the Keystone and Dakota pipelines. The Dakota pipeline is up and running without harming the environment.
34) Created commissions on election fraud and opioid addiction.
35) Food stamp use is the lowest level in seven years.
36) Reduced the White House payroll saving taxpayers millions of dollars.
37) He’s donating his salary to various causes.
38) Signed 52 pieces of legislation.
39) Cut 600 billion from UN peacekeeping mission.
40) Gas prices lowest in more than 12 years.
You won’t hear any of this from the NeverTrumpers or in the mainstream media. All they know is destroy, distract and damage. That shows that they don’t care about the people they claim to care about because if they did they would work with Trump and help upgrade more things and make America great again.
An even more exhaustive list of Trump’s accomplishments (which includes those after August, 2017) can be found at Trump’s List: 289 Accomplishments in just 20 months.
I feel sorry for Rick Wilson. When it comes to PDT, Wilson has got nothing right. We should feel sorry for his readers who are swimming in a fetid swamp of nonsense. If you’d like a sample of who they are go to the Amazon page for Wilson’s book and read a few of his 5-stars reviews. I’ve described it as a jughead jamboree.