1. How many young and healthy people signed up?
2. How many have paid their premiums?
3. How many enrollees are subsidized by the government?
4. How many of the nation’s 30 million previously uninsured are now covered?
5. How many who lost coverage because of Obamacare regulations signed up for new policies?
6. How much will health insurance premiums go up?
7. Will taxpayers have to bail out insurers?
Read the whole thing for the excellent commentary regarding each question. I’d add two more:
Does anyone who is not an Obama shill actually believe that 7.1 million people have signed up?
How can anyone believe that creating a gigantic government bureaucracy between patients and doctors is going to make health care more affordable and/or more available?
Obama’s news conference in which he asked why Republicans don’t want anyone to have health insurance has to be the soulless paragon of political demagoguery. There is only one person who has ever taken anyone’s health insurance away from them and his name is Barack Obama.
Obama also said all the criticism of Obamacare is based on false stories. I guess he thought that worked out so well for Harry Reid that he’d try it too. He said there are no death panels, for instance. But there are death panels. The Independent Patient Advisory Board (IPAB) has the power to deny treatment to anyone if they think it will cost too much. The IPAB has the power to say who will live and who will die. That’s a death panel.