Speaking in an interview by the Washington Examiner, Paglia said:
“Democrats are doing this in collusion with the media obviously, because they just want to create chaos,They want to completely obliterate any sense that the Trump administration is making any progress on anything. I feel like the Democrats have overplayed their hand.”
Don’t they always? I’m not sure they have much of a hand. Here’s a list of things Trump says he’s accomplished over the objections of the “dishonest” media.
- Hiring freeze on nonessential federal workers
- The stock market has hit record numbers
- Imposed temporary moratorium and new federal regulations
- Has stood up for men and women in law enforcement, including implementing a task force.
- A plan to destroy criminal cartels
- Extreme vetting
- A plan to build a wall along the Mexican border
- A “crackdown” on sanctuary cities refusing to comply with federal law
- Negotiated and saved money on U.S. contracts
- Withdrew “from the job-killing disaster known as TPP”
- Eliminated regulations for manufacturers
- U.S. approval rating is at 55 percent and “going up.”
- A surge in optimism, particularly in the business world
- American plants and factories moving back into U.S.
- Productive conversations with world leaders
- A plan in progress to defeat ISIS
I think he could add that economic expectations are more hopeful than they’ve been for the last 8 years. More people are finding jobs and busineses are more willing to invest in expansion.
See also: The Media Has Lost Its Marbles